Sunday, November 28, 2010

I like big butts and I cannot lie


(the boys in their big fluffy cloth diapered bottoms)

With two babies 9 months apart we were spending a ton on diapers each month. We usually were buying the diapers that were the best value, but pretty good quality and were spending over $80 a month on diapers! We are trying to figure out some ways to save some money so I started researching cloth diapering. I was a little skeptical at first because really who wants to wash poopy out of two babies diapers all day?

So after lots of hours of "researching" and talking about it with Adam he was all for it. So we dove in. At first the cloth diapering lingo was really confusing, but I soon learned what everything was. We bought a few different brands/types of diapers to figure out what we like best. Right now we have enough diapers to full time cloth diaper one baby but we are cloth diapering two with what we have. I am doing a load of cloth diaper laundry everyday. So we will need to purchase a bit more. We are hoping grandparents will purchase some as Christmas gifts for the boys.

So we have been cloth diapering now for two weeks and LOVE it! We are still in the learning phase right now, but I want to share some tips we have learned and give some insight on what types and brands of diapers we use and how well they work. As we try new things we will let you know how they work.

We were going through at least 10-14 diapers a day previous to cloth diapering. It feels so good to not be throwing money away and doing our part being a little greener and the cloth is so much better for their little booties:) Truthfully at first it was just saving money, but now I realize how many diapers we were using and it was just crazy.

So in my future posts I will do a little Cloth Diapering 101 :) So come along with me as we learn this cloth diapering thing together...

2 comments:

  1. I've been cloth diapering for almost a year and I love it! If money is tight, I would highly recommend Econobums. I really think they are more absorbent than my Bumgenius all in ones which are so expensive. Good luck! In no time at all you will have it down to a science!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I think it is great! I don't know anythinng about it, so I am interested in learning more, not that I will probably every need to use them.

    ReplyDelete