Monday, August 17, 2009

getting more excited

So this past few weeks I have gotten so excited to read about a few of the blogs I have been following get their referrals! Each time I would sign on to my email or blog and read that they had received their "call" I could have jumped out of my seat and jumped up and down. It is so exciting to have been following along with these families since we started our adoption and see them getting their referral. Each time I have read "we got the call" my belly does this little flip and my eyes fill up with tears. I am so excited for these families!

and also so excited because we have moved down a bit and are unofficially #5 on the list!!! yipee!!!!!!

As I am getting more and more excited the thoughts of our son's birth mother come to mind. How she must be feeling. I cannot even imagine handing over my baby and not being able to take care of it. The sadness she must feel. The strength she must have. I pray for her every day. She will play a big part in our sons story.

6 comments:

  1. #5...woot woot! i just noticed you live in indy. we lived in muncie for 10 years. we love indy! the bib was from walgreens of all places. two daddy bibs for 3 bucks! ya can't beat that. i saw them in walgreens in two different states, so you should be good. :) i know the wait can feel endless, but it is surreal when you are on the "other side" and experiencing all that you have waited for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations #5!!!! I'm right there with you, all mixed up with excitement yet sorrow for the birth family and trying to somehow balance the two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on #5!!! isn't it just amazing how fast the list is moving!! we're all so close now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no way! we worked for campus crusade at ball state from 92-03. go cardinals!!!! we still feel like hoosiers at heart even though i'm originally from nebraska and we live there now. we might have mutual friends even though we've been gone 6 years. actually your picture looked familiar to me when i first saw it. please email me missydotkollaratuscmdotorg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are number fi-ive. You are number fi-ive!! There's no way pregnancy could be this exciting?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for leaving our new baby blog a comment! I am so excited for you guys! WOW I can't believe you are at #5 already!!! SO EXCITING! I am so glad to be connecting with people we may get to meet later on! Your girls are beautiful! I hope to have pictures of our little boy on our blog soon...he is 16 months and I can't for him to enjoy a brother!

    ReplyDelete